Thanks to the world‘s worst airline (I won’t say which one, but let’s just say the name starts with ‘Air’ and ends with ‘Canada’) Lauralee and Leo had to spend the night in Toronto. But all’s well that ends well. They made it to Winnipeg after a night in a fancy hotel where Leo demonstrated his cuddling skills. It was tough to convince Lauralee to give him to Lisa and me though…seems they fell in love!
1. Leo is a darn handsome dog!
2. He has a black belt in cuddling skills (Lisa calls him the cuddle ninja)
3. He is as smart as a whip and such a gentle boy! Bold and alert but not bossy or hyper.
4. The ladies LOVE him. Leo is a straight up chick magnet!
5. He got off the plane as if he‘d just had a stroll around the block and settled into our home in less than 30 seconds.
After a bit of training in the field with Leo and Kolbi we let them have a romp around the yard. Lessons learned: Kolbi is a damn good dog, lots of run, hunt and point in that boy. Leo also loves to run, hunt and point, and it seems that he’s a natural backer! Play time was, as expected, lots of running, chasing and canine jiu-jitsu. You can see more photos of Kolbi here.
It took about 5 seconds for Leo to wiggle his way into our hearts, but a couple of days to convince Souris-Manon and Uma that he was worthy of their attention. Souris was the first to come around, hiring him as her full time body guard and eye-candy cabana boy. Uma is still a bit stand-offish, but warming up to his French charm.
Before Léo came to Canada, he lived with super-trainer Julian Apps in the UK. And Julian certainly gave Léo an excellent training foundation. Léo is a joy to handle in the field, fetches to hand on land and from water, points like a champ and is a natural backer! Stay tuned for more training photos coming soon.